Are you looking for a new way to spend Christmas this year? Celebrating the holiday seasons in New Zealand can be a new experience and a fun one for the entire family! This article will give you some guidelines on how to spend your family Christmas vacation in this lovely country.
Christmas happens to be summer in New Zealand. While other nations celebrate this event in a cold snowy night, the kiwis do it in the warm summer sun. Therefore if you are planning to go this country, you should forget about coats, scarfs, hand gloves, and anything that you usually have when spending White Christmas. And isn’t that amazing? Most people who wish to skip extremely cold weather during the holidays visit New Zealand because of the perfect hot weather.
First of all, you need to make some necessary preparations to ensure that your trip is going to be stress-free. Here are some guidelines:
- Book your flights early.
- Contact a vacation home or hotel you’ll be staying at.
- Inquire for a car rental in Auckland airport.
- Plan your itinerary including activities you hope to enjoy.
Speaking of activities, spending Christmas in New Zealand for the first time can be very exciting since it’s a new experience. Therefore, you should make the most of it. Here are some of the things that you can do to celebrate Christmas in this island country.
- Have a traditional Kiwi Christmas – New Zealand celebrates Christmas traditions just like in the UK and the commonwealth, which involves, Christmas tree, stockings, decors, carols, presents and since it’s summer, you get a bonus of summertime activities like kayaking in the beach, barbecue, swimming, sun tanning and more. Also, you should know that Christmas is a three-day event in NZ – Christmas Eve in the 24th, Christmas Day in the 25th and then Boxing Day in the 26th. That’s more time to celebrate!
- Spend the holidays on the beach – going to the beach seems impossible during winter but it’s the summer time in New Zealand so why not spend the Christmas Day on the beach. The kids will love it for sure! You can go swimming, surfing, boating, and other water activities possible.
- Enjoy a barbecue day with the family – after all the water activities, you can enjoy a nice and delicious barbecue time with the family. Grilled seafood is one of the prides of New Zealand, which can make your holidays more delicious and fun.
- Spend time shopping presents in the mall – if you haven’t gotten the time to buy presents then you could go to the mall on the 25th or better yet, experience crazy Boxing Day sales on the 26th. Malls in New Zealand are all prep up with Christmas trees and decorations that will make you feel the holiday vibe.
- Volunteer for a good cause – Christmas is about goodwill so why not spend the time doing volunteer work for a good cause. In cities like Auckland, you will be able to volunteer for City Mission that provides free Christmas lunches for the less fortunate people. This can be a good bonding moment for your family, spending time with those people who don’t have family or anyone for Christmas.
Spending Christmas with your family is enough to make it special but spending it in a new place to you like New Zealand can be a once in a lifetime experience that you can treasure for the rest of your life.
- Does SUP Clothing Matter? - August 18, 2022
- Why North Devon has become a mecca for surfers - July 11, 2022
- What’s the best holiday park in the UK? - June 8, 2022